Confession of Sin What Does it Accomplish

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (ref,1 John 1*9).

Confession of Sin What Does it Accomplish?
Confession of sin alone is not all that God requires. He asks that we repent, that we turn away from our sinful activities and turn instead to follow Him. Repentance can be defined as: “A turning away from sin, disobedience, or rebellion and a turning back to God. In general sense, repentance means a change of mind or a feeling of remorse or regret for past conduct. True repentance is a ‘godly sorrow’ for sin, an act of turning around and going in the opposite direction. This type of repentance leads to a fundamental change in a person’s relationship to God.”

 

Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, and that he may send the Christ, who has been appointed for you

God Has Your Best Interest at Heart

GOD IS WITH YOUIn the midst of all things and all pressure you experience in life. God is your protector and Comforter, even when you feel as if your prayer are not heard by God, the truth matter is God listing and acting on your behalf. He is indifferent, He loves you and want to keep you away from harm of your enemies.

I know today maybe bad day, your entire life may be terrible, but things can turn around and change, if you persevere in God. God believes you’re worth it. And want you to know that too,

BECAUSE.

> God created you, so only He knows your deepest, most profound needs. Therefore He is the only one qualified to fill them.
> God is the essence of love. Only God can love you unconditionally, no matter what you do or how you feel about yourself.
•God has your best interest at heart, 100% of the time. God does not manipulate you, He does not bully you, and He does not neglect you. In fact, He is more concerned about your well being than you are.
•God is forever. God does not change. He does not rust or become obsolete. He does not cast you aside. He is with you and for you now, and through the rest of eternity. No one and nothing else can do that for you.

The sooner you store this truth safely in your heart and mind, the clearer you will see life. You will appreciate the compassion of God more. As you encounter disappointments, you’ll be comforted in knowing that God gives true meaning to your life, He and He alone.

Everything changes except God. You can count on Him. From this moment on, your world will begin to make sense to you.

Taking Responsibility to get Things Changed is what gets Things Changed

 

 

If your life is miserable, you can only start over if you’re willing to deal with The responsibility. It’s easy to blame circumstances or other people for your misery. It’s always easier to blame everything except yourself.

And maybe you’re not to blame. But if you want things to change, you’re the one who’ll have to take responsibility for making that change happen. Blame is an easy out. Blaming others and even yourself is counter productive, though. Blame doesn’t get things changed. Taking responsibility to get things changed is what gets things changed. If your life is miserable and all you’ve been doing is blaming, you need to make a plan to change things. If I can, so can you

 

The ideal is probably somewhere in between. Pain, even spiritual or emotional pain, is a sign that something is wrong. However, life is never perfect and never will be, so all of us have some difficulties we have to learn to live with. But if you change and when you change begins with a conviction in your mind: I can do this.

 

God doesn’t want you to feel your life is miserable. Most of all, He wants to conform you to the image of His son, Jesus Christ To do that you have to change. God will give you the power and courage to make changes, if you ask Him.

Sometimes the most important change is being able to look at things in a new way. I know that when I stopped beating myself up, my life began to improve in a dramatic way. change requires thought and planning and the skills of life, but you’re capable of that, too. Always have another job lined up before you change jobs. Think and Use your common sense.

You can do more, be better, and be happier than you’ve been in the past. But the first step is believing with your heart that with God’s help everything is possible.

God Loves us even when we Blame Him for things that aren’t His Fault

 

God loves us when we disobey Him. He loves us when we forget about Him. God loves us even when we blame Him for things that aren’t His fault.

 

Maybe you don’t feel God’s love in your life. Maybe you pray and nothing seems to happen, or you attend a fellowship and feel the same coming out as you did going in. Maybe bad things have been happening to you and you think that if God really loved you, He would prevent them from happening to you.

Don’t let the bad things in your life fool you into thinking God has turned His back on you. If you’re sick, or unemployed, lonely, angry, afraid or discouraged and hurting so much you don’t know what to do, be assured that God is with you in your pain and longs for you to know that. He’s also as close as your breath, living inside your heart. God’s love is the only sure thing when your world is falling apart.

If there is one

truth I’ve learned over the years, it’s that our feelings can’t always be trusted, but our God can be trusted by us, because He never leave us, but we ran away from Him most of the time.

To show how God the Father loves us, Jesus Christ told the parable of the prodigal son, found in(ref,Luke 15*11-32). The most encouraging part of the story is verse 20: “While he (the son) was still a long way off, his father caught sight of him, and was filled with compassion. He ran to his son, embraced him and kissed him.”

God won’t give up on you, That’s how God chases after you. No matter what you’ve done, no matter how you feel, God is pursuing you and He won’t give up on you. All that matters to Him is bringing you home to heaven to be with Him again.

It Won’t Last Forever. Some Day it Will Change.

 

 

Change is frightening. Change can mean we don’t know what’s coming next. We lose control of things, and that gets real scary real fast. We’re all control freaks at heart, whether we want to admit it or not.

Even veteran Christians, saints who’ve walked with God all their lives, can find themselves paralyzed with fear and anxiety when change comes. We’re forced to acknowledge that God is in control, and that’s always a hard thing to do.
Change can be bad and that’s the kind of change we fear the most. But sometimes it’s reassuring to remember that except for God, nothing stays the same forever.

That’s good to know when you’re grieving, when you’re sick, or when you’re in some other miserable situation. It won’t last forever. Some day it will change.

When you’re in a happy situation and life is going along smoothly, it’s important to appreciate that time of joy. While we shouldn’t live in anxiety, fearing that our happiness will be pulled out from under us, knowing that everything changes keeps you from being caught off guard. A completely unexpected change may throw you for a short time, but you soon recover because you know you can eventually adapt.

Recognizing that everything eventually changes also provides some evenness to your life. You’re not riding an emotional roller coaster of highs and lows. You’re grateful for and appreciate the good times, but you don’t let the bad times drag you too far down.

 
Some changes are small and you can cope with them easily. But others are huge, sweeping, and life-encompassing. How do you process that much newness? How do you adapt to change when people you love, or possessions that you loved are taken away?

I think the only way to keep from panicking in a situation like that is to keep reminding yourself that Jesus Christ never changes. He’s the same as He was 2,000 years ago on earth, and the same as he was trillions of years before that. No matter how much your world changes, Jesus Christ is always the solid rock that you can trust and go to. His love for you will never change, Jesus Christ is still reliable. Once you test that rock and find it steady, you can draw upon His steadiness to help you deal with all the other changes in your life.

Some changes are bad, some are good. But through them all, Jesus Christ is always constant. Hang on to Him tightly, and He’ll help you adapt to change.

 

Hope For The Brokenhearted Exists Because of Jesus Christ

 

A wise person once said, though, that there’s nothing noble about suffering when it can be avoided. We have to want Jesus Christ to heal our broken heart, and we have to trust Him enough to let Him do it his way, not our way.

Didn’t it seem odd what Jesus Christ said in Mark 10*51 when He was hailed by Bartimaeus, a blind man? Jesus Christ asked him: “What do you want me to do for you?” The blind man said, “Rabbi, I want to see.” “Go,” said Jesus Christ, “your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus Christ along the road.

It seemed obvious what a blind man would want. So why did Jesus Christ ask him? Because it takes faith to see, and to surrender to God and let Him heal you His way, and its takes faith. To accept the responsibility of changing your life after He heals you takes faith. To let go of the past and step into an unknown future takes much faith in God.

Hope for the brokenhearted exists because Jesus Christ is aware of your need and He has the power to address it, if you have enough faith to let Him do it his way. Do you have the faith that Bartimaeus had? Can you say, “Lord, I want you to heal my broken heart…your way…in your timing”?
Jesus Christ gives hope and healing for the brokenhearted. C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_Luke-1-37-Verse because we worship a loving, compassionate God who is also a God of surprises!

Repentance Brings About God’s Forgiveness by Grace

 

 

Once a person accepts Jesus as Savior, God does not condemn us for any past sins; they are forgotten and forgiven forever. Jesus Christ has paid the debt for us.

(ref,2 Corinthians 5*17) also addresses the emotion of regret. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” God provides the way to reconciliation with Himself because no matter what our past mistakes, or the most horrible of sins we have committed, He is a forgiving God who loves us and wants us to love Him. This provision was given by Jesus’ death and His resurrection.

Repentance brings about God’s forgiveness by grace (God’s gift of divine favor). He makes us a new person, a new creation.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (ref,John 3*16)

“God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.” (ref,2 Corinthians 5*21)

“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.” (ref,Galatians 2*20)

They are useful in setting the parameters for socially acceptable behaviors and to deter destruction of a common way of life. In other words, using these emotions on an individual, group, or culture can be useful in disgracing one into proper behaviors. Although they are often used, they should not be necessary.

Religious leaders use it on their members to manipulate behavior. Members use shame and regret on each other. They inflict a “judgment” of sorts on each other with a “your sin is worse than my sin” attitude. This sets the inner circle acceptance or rejection of another. Doctrines are sometimes used to instill regrets or fears about acceptance into God’s Kingdom.

This is not God’s way! God wants us to know that we are loved, forgiven, and wholly accepted by Him. The story of Peter is a good example of this. Though he denied Jesus three times, he was forgiven and highly instrumental as one of the founding fathers of the Christian church.

God wants us to know that no matter how broken or sinful we have been, He can heal us and change us into a new person with no shame and no regret. because ot is His will for us to be free.

When Answering Prayer, God Responds First To Our Attitude

 

Are you experiencing unanswered prayer? Does God turn a deaf ear to some of your desperate pleas for healing, finances, or protection? We all experience irritation when our best efforts to communicate result in an unsatisfactory response or worse, no response at all. We wonder, “Did you ever receive my message?” When we pray, we often equate the lack of immediate tangible results with God rejecting our prayers. In James 5*13-16 we are urged to pray earnestly with the promise of “powerful and wonderful results.” Why would God emphasize the importance of prayer and then choose not to respond with a joyful answer?

When answering prayer, God responds first to our attitude, much as a parent responds to a precious child (ref,Psalm 103*13-14). Our childish actions and attitudes frequently affect a prayer’s desired results.

  • Unforgiveness (ref,Mark 11*24-25),
  • selfishness (ref,Proverbs 21*13).
  • Doubt (ref,Matthew 21*21-22),
  • greed (ref,James 4*2-3).
  • pride (ref,2 Chronicles 7*14-15),
  • stubbornness (ref,Zechariah 7*11-13).

Prayer is not a casual one sided conversation. It is not “back-up insurance” guaranteeing a life free from pain and struggles. Prayer is actively acknowledging God as the source of all power and trusting that His answers, whether expected or unexpected, will accomplish greater things
Sometimes, God will answer, “No” to our desperate prayers. Any delay or unexpected outcome must not dishearten us. What is God’s true purpose in answering our prayers (ref,John 14*13)? What does God want to complete in us through prayer (ref,John 16*23–24)? God wants us to bring our every need to Him as He answers (yes or no) according to His character and will.God will never grant requests contrary to His will. While receiving a “Yes” usually makes us happy, God never promised us happiness. Happiness is based on circumstances. God wants us to have everlasting joy especially when He responds, “No, it will be done in My time, not yours. No, I will reveal My glory.”

(ref,Luke 22*41-44,) Jesus agonized over the events leading up to His death. In fervent prayer, His greatest desire was to give preeminence to God’s will, not His suffering and pain (ref,Hebrews 12*2). When we pray without ceasing (ref,1 Thessalonians 5*16-18), God always responds, and every answer brings joy.

Blessed is he Whose Transgressions are Forgiven

 

God hates sin, but He loves the sinner. The price for God’s forgiveness is high, but He paid the price Himself. By Christ’s loving act of grace, believers are eternally freed from the penalty and guilt of sin. Once we’re covered by the Blood of Christ, God doesn’t keep a record of our sins. Our forgiveness is total and complete.

 “Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, who sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord doesn’t count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit” (ref,Psalm 32*1-2).”I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more” (ref,Isaiah 43*25).

 “It is possible for the Lord to look at us without seeing our sins because when He forgave us, He removed our sins as far as the east is from the west” (ref,Psalm 103*12).

 A believer receives God’s forgiveness when he repents of sin and places his faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, all of his sins are forgiven forever. That includes past, present and future, big or small. Jesus Christ died to pay the penalty for all of our sins, and once they are forgiven, they are all forgiven (ref,Colossians 1*14).However, when we stumble, we are called to confess our sins – “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (ref,1 John 1*9). Yes, Christians do sin but the Christian life is not to be identified by a life of sin. Believers are a new creation (ref,2 Corinthians 5*17). We have the Holy Spirit in us producing good fruit (ref,Galatians 5*22-23). A Christian life should be a changed life.

A person who claims to be a believer yet continually lives a life that says otherwise should question the genuineness of his faith. Christians are forgiven no matter how many times they sin, but at the same time, Christians should live a progressively more holy life as they grow closer to Christ.

 Christians continue to sin after they are saved we will not be free from sin until we die or Jesus comes back. However, becoming a Christian results in a changed life (ref,2 Corinthians 5*17). A person will go from producing the acts of the flesh to producing the fruit of the Spirit . This change does not happen instantly, but it does happen over time. Paul tells us, “And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God”

The Journey in any Decision Making may be a Difficult and Lengthy One

Decision making based only on human nature frequently produces serious consequences. When our selfish impulses influence choices, disaster soon follows.

When we exclude God from our decision making, we intentionally ignore God’s instructions. “I will bless those who have humble and contrite hearts, who tremble at my word. But those who choose their own ways, delighting in their sins, are cursed . . . I will send great troubles against them all the things they feared . . . When I spoke, they did not listen. They deliberately sinned before my very eyes—and chose to do what they know I despise” (ref,Isaiah 66*2-4). Our pride and selfishness suggests, “I’ll take this course of action. If God doesn’t stop me, it must be okay.” Instead, God’s direction and wisdom must be sought before we make any decision.
> Your Mind – Results in impetuous choices (ref,1 Corinthians 3*18-19).
> Peer Pressure – Produces confusion and failure (ref,Jeremiah 7*24).
> God’s Mind – Gives supernatural wisdom to you (ref,Proverbs 2*3-8).
Decision Making a Humbling Experience
One of the most difficult factors in decision making is humbling oneself, admitting that you don’t know it all or that you’ve failed. David based his decision on God’s mercy. David understood that submitting to God’s commands was the right choice, even when it was painful.

We all make costly mistakes, decisions that we wish we never made. Moses ignored God’s instructions (ref,Numbers 20*8-12), Samson surrendered his strength (ref,Judges 16*17-21), and Peter repeatedly denied knowing Jesus Christ (ref,John 18*25-27). Each of these mighty men humbled themselves by asking for God’s forgiveness. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (ref,1 John 1*9).

The journey in any decision making may be a difficult and lengthy one. By trusting in God’s plans for our lives, we experience peace in the storms of life. Any decision that draws us closer in our relationship with God assures success (ref,Jeremiah 29*11-13). When we surrender our will (pride and selfish motives) to God’s will, He gives us the desires of our heart (ref,Psalm 27*3-5).